My Favorite Place in Nature

It's really hard to decide what my favorite place in nature would be, but if it really came down to it, it would have to be a tie between a redwood forest and the Mendonoma coast. I chose a redwood forest because that's where I grew up, and every time I'm in one I instantly feel more calm and at peace, hearing the sounds of nature soothes me and helps me feel more connected to the world as a whole; not to mention how beautiful it is. The towering trees also make me feel small in a good way, forcing me to think of the hundreds of years they've existed and how trivial everyday life can be in comparison to so much time passed. The reason for choosing the coastline and beaches of Mendocino and Sonoma is because of how mysteriously gorgeous they are, pushing me into an almost meditative state. I always get caught staring into the surf, thinking of how all life supposedly sprung from the ocean, how it never stops moving and changing, and how anything that enters either survives and prospers or gets drug under and tumbled smooth. It's one of my prime spots to re-evaluate my own humanity.

The above picture I took at a beach in Gualala, California.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Multiplier Effect

Summarized Learning from: 'Seeing the Forest'